How To: Pair Your Bluetooth Smartphone
With Chevy Bluetooth, you can wirelessly connect your phone to the vehicle, allowing hands-free calls, streaming audio, and more. Using Bluetooth, the available LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot turns your vehicle into a reliable mobile hub, with great signal quality and bandwidth. There are many other great benefits of Chevy Bluetooth as well. Plus, voice control lets you use voice commands to control many of the features on your vehicle. There are different types of voice control options available, and each works a different way. Learn more about Chevrolet Bluetooth Pairing now at Mike Anderson Chicago Chevy!
Chevy Bluetooth is one of the most popular Chevy features. Chevy drivers love the Chevrolet Bluetooth pairing music option, but you can do so many other great things with it too, like listening to podcasts stored on your phone over your vehicle’s sound system, calling your contacts, voice command texting, navigation, and more. The Bluetooth feature also allows you to connect to your vehicle’s LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot. A list of common compatible smartphones can be found here.
Setting Up Chevy Bluetooth
Wondering how to pair Bluetooth with your 2023 Chevy model? Simply follow these simple steps to connect your Chevy Bluetooth feature using your Chevy infotainment system’s touch screen:
- Turn on the vehicle and keep it in Park.
- Touch the Phone icon on your vehicle’s touchscreen.
- Look for an option on the screen to add or connect a new phone. It may say “Add Phone,” “Pair Device,” “Connect Phone” or “+.”
- Go to your phone’s Bluetooth settings, turn Bluetooth on and select your vehicle from the list of options.
- Confirm the code shown on the phone matches the code on the infotainment touchscreen.
- Touch Pair on the infotainment touchscreen. You may also have to accept the pairing on your device, as well.
- If prompted, agree (or disagree) to allow the infotainment system to access your phone’s contacts and messages.
- Note: If you disagree, your contacts and messages will not be downloaded. In this case, you will be able to make calls after pairing by saying a phone number but will not be able to use a contact’s name to make a call.
- When the pairing is complete, the infotainment screen will show your phone as available for making and receiving calls.
Using Chevy MyLink Voice Commands
Chevy technology is constantly innovating. Don’t you love the convenience of using “Siri” on your iPhone or “Alexa” on your Amazon devices? Now you can use Chevy voice recognition via MyLink. Here’s how to set it up:
- Place your vehicle in Park. Press the Push to Talk button, wait for the beep, and say “Pair Phone.”
- On the phone, look for the vehicle’s hardware and select it.
- Your phone will either ask to enter a 4-digit pin, which is displayed on the radio screen, or to confirm a 6-digit code.
- Accept Bluetooth connection and/or phonebook download on your phone.
- Now your phone is paired.
Visit Mike Anderson Chicago!
Looking for a Chicago Chevy dealer? At Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Chicago, we are one of the area’s premier Chevrolet dealerships with a huge selection of Chevy cars, trucks, and SUVs for you to choose from. Founded in 1969 by Bob Anderson, Mike Anderson Chevy Chicago is proud to continue to serve the community with a great selection of vehicles and top-notch customer service to everyone who walks through our doors. Stop in to learn more about getting your vehicle equipped with Chevy Bluetooth today!